Sunday, January 18, 2009

They may be nutbags, but at least they aren't women

I should add one thing to my last post. While I'm meeting up with my two nutso friends for this Steelers game, my wife is hooking up with a gaggle of her girlfriends to go downtown to see Menopause, The Musical (yes, ironic I know). The past three days I've done virtually nothing but listen to my wife's side of perhaps two dozen phone conversations, hearing about plans being arranged, rearranged, and rearranged again. Will parking be an issue? So-and-so doesn't like the dinner idea. This person can't make it because she's in labor. She doesn't drive in snow. there was an earthquake. somehow the evening plans went from 14 people meeting for dinner and a show to about 8 or 10 disparate smaller groups of women perhaps meeting at the theater before the show.

I can't help but be amused that two guys...GUYS...mind you...managed to plan this event well before football season ever started, and are going to manage to see this game successfully despite having to drive over 450 miles, in snow, to see the game.

It's been said, by the way, that because of the proximity of the showing of Menopause, The Musical to Heinz field, somewhere over the Ohio river there is likely to be a cloud of testosterone interacting with a cloud of estrogen and perhaps causing a massive weather event culminating in the destruction of all humanity for hundreds of miles around Pittsburgh. Make sure to watch the game tonight, as you won't want to miss that!

Ah, delicious irony.

No comments: