Tuesday, March 15, 2005

What ever happened to the Natalie Chronicles?

A while back, my first daughter, Natalie, was born. I wrote a couple of emails to my friends and family describing all the things I found myself ill-prepared for when it came to fatherhood. It was then that I realized I had a minor talent for breaking down a crazy life change into humorous anecdotes. Since then I have realized that this crazy life change has tremendously interfered with my ability to wax anecdotal, as I find myself too busy with diapers, bath time, meals, Barney, naps, minivans, training wheels, Dora Band-Aids, sippy cups, babyproofing, and tantrums (including my own) to jot down a complete thought.

Four and a half years and a second daughter later, I have entered the ranks of the blogger. Okay, I'm not exactly a first adopter when it comes to the concept of a blog, and I love reading blogs created by other people, but frankly I never much saw the point in creating one myself. All that changed at about three o'clock this morning, when it dawned on me that this might just be my outlet. Many of my friends have said to me, "what ever happened to those emails?" Well, here's my attempt to get back at it. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Sandra Sallin said...

What fun! I'm so looking forward to your blog. Is there a way to subscribe so I'm always alerted to your musings? If so subscirbe me.

xo, sandy

Sandra Sallin said...

What fun! I'm so looking forward to your blog. Is there a way to subscribe so I'm always alerted to your musings? If so subscirbe me.

xo, sandy

PS. I've just become compulsed by Blogs also.